Photobucket

MARVELOUSLY WELL-ENTERTAINING

It's not much fun to sing Happy Birthday to yourself; it is so much more enjoyable to have family and friends surrounding us while they sing and rejoice in our life. And who else can really appreciate where we've come from than those who knew us when? Consequently, we invite our closest family and friends to share our special events with us.

People will say, entertaining is so much work, why bother? Yes it is work but what a great feeling you have when you have entertained in style and everyone has had a great time. We all like to have special times in our lives. I do believe that unless you make it special for yourself no one else will. Spoil yourself, spoil your family and friends and those who you want to be your friends. Let it be common knowledge that you think highly of others and they are worthy of your time and efforts.

 Work on your tablescape. Why what a pretty, appealing table! The food will taste so much better when presented with care. Why wait to use your favorite dishes? Why use paper napkins? Break out the linen; you have them, use them. When you treat others as being special and worth your time and effort to provide them with the best possible environment you can, will they not return the favor? Yes, most will.

 When you are preparing your food for your party, prepare enough to serve your family the week following the party; spoil yourself with planned leftovers. This way you'll reward yourself for a job well-done when you serve the leftovers during the days that follow; you have made yourself special, you have been thoughtful to yourself, is this not a marvelous thing?

What is the answer to why we entertain? Everyone will have their own answers but to me, I think that it nourishes my soul by allowing me to connect with others on more intimate bases. I find that I am given an education in human behavior, my guests keep me informed not only with what is going on in their lives, but what society is up to as well. My family and friends are generous with their ideas and feeling so they keep me inspired, keep me in awe of whom and what they are. So many times my family and friends lift my spirit, they help me to move forward in my life; because of them I have knowledge, I have grown not only intellectually but emotionally as well. I have had my opinions changed and I have changed the opinion of others. I have become more broad-minded with my listening, I think this is how society moves forward with new information. We are kept updated with the news of what is happening with society. Where would I be, if I did not entertain?

I certainly would not have nearly the joy I have; I am marvelously well-entertained and educated by my family and friends. How fun it is to be educated while we share a good laugh, a strong hug, a few tears, and a good repast, hear good stories and feel loved and cherished. How marvelous is this?